CDPH Recommends Universal Masking
Effective July 28, 2021, the California Department of Public Health recommends universal masking indoors statewide.Masks are required for all individuals in the following settings, regardless of vaccination status:
- On public transit and in transportation hubs
- Indoors in K-12 schools, childcare
- Emergency shelters and cooling centers
- Healthcare settings
- State and local correctional facilities and detention centers
- Homeless shelters
- Long Term Care Settings & Adult and Senior Care facilities.
Additionally, masks are required for unvaccinated individuals and recommended for all individuals in indoor public settings and businesses (examples: retail, restaurants, theaters, family entertainment centers, meetings, state and local government offices serving the public).
In settings where masks are required only for unvaccinated individuals, businesses, venue operators or hosts may choose to:
- Provide information to all patrons, guests and attendees regarding vaccination requirements and allow vaccinated individuals to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Implement vaccine verification to determine whether individuals are required to wear a mask.
- Require all patrons to wear masks.
No person can be prevented from wearing a mask as a condition of participation in an activity or entry into a business.
The full CDPH guidance and exemptions can be found at www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx.
Frequently asked questions are available at https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Face-Coverings-QA.aspx.
*Employers are subject to the Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Prevention Emergency Temporary Standards (ETS), and should consult those regulation for additional applicable requirements.
Child Care Resources
You can also email [email protected] and provide your name, phone number, the days/hours of child care needed, and the age(s) of child(ren) needing care.
*This website does not support Internet Explorer. Please open with an alternate web browser.
Tested COVID+ ? Tell your close contacts to quarantine anonymously by text or email using the website tellyourcontacts.org!
Keep the Emergency Room OPEN for Emergencies
Our local emergency rooms are a great resource, but should not be used for COVID-19 testing unless you have emergent symptoms. Help keep our emergency rooms open by testing through your healthcare provider or any of the sites below.