Lake County moves into the Orange Tier effective April 14, 2021 at 12:01AM!
What does this mean for Lake County businesses?Lake County moves to the Orange/Moderate Tier, on April 14, 2021 at 12:01AM, as defined by the State of California's Blueprint for a Safer Economy. All businesses must adhere to the restrictions under the Orange/Moderate Tier available on California's Industry Guidance page.
- Bars may open for outdoor service only, with modifications.
- Family entertainment centers may open indoors with modifications. Capacity limited to 25% of maximum. If all guests are tested or show proof of full vaccination, 50% of maximum capacity is allowed. 100% masking except for food and beverage service is required. Food and beverage consumption must be restricted to designated areas separate from activity areas. Service of alcohol without meals must follow bar guidance (outdoor only).
- Gyms and fitness centers may open indoors with modifications. Capacity is limited to 25% of maximum. Indoor pools, hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms may open. Climbing walls may remain open.
- Hair salons and barbershops may be open with modifications.
- Hotels, lodging, and short-term lodging rentals may open with modifications. Check for limitations and closures on pools, fitness centers and conference rooms.
- Movie theaters may open indoors with modifications and capacity limited to 50% of maximum or 200 people (whichever is less).
- Personal care services may be open with modifications.
- Places of worship* may open indoors with modifications and capacity limited to 50% of maximum. Please review current guidelines on singing, chanting and playing wind instruments.
*In response to recent judicial rulings, effective immediately, location and capacity limits on places of worship are not mandatory but are strongly recommended. All other restrictions in the guidance remain in place.
- Restaurants may be open for outdoor dining with modifications, indoor dining with modifications and capacity limited to 50% or 200 people (whichever is less), take-out and drive-through service.
- Retail may open with modifications.
- Wineries, breweries and distilleries are open for outdoor and indoor service with modifications. Indoor capacity must be limited to 25% of maximum or 100 people (whichever is less).
Business Reopening Forms
9/25/20 CDPH COVID-19 Employer Playbook
9/18/20 CDPH Responding to COVID-19 in the Workplace for Employers
9/10/20 COVID Guidance for Employers
7/09/20 Return to Work Tool for Local Businesses
6/02/20 The County of Lake’s “Return to Work – Worksite Prevention Protocol” for County-Owned Facilities