> Home > Healthy People > Children and Family Services > Maternal, Child, Adolescent Health > Breastfeeding > Data & Statistics
Data & Statistics
- Breastfeeding Report Card - The CDC Breastfeeding Report Card provides state-by-state data to help public health practitioners, health professionals, community members, child care providers, and family members work together to protect, promote and support breastfeeding.
- U.A. National Immunization Survey - National and State Breastfeeding Rates - The U.S. National Immunization Survey (NIS) provides current national, state, and selected urban-area estimates of vaccination coverage rates for U.S. children ages 19 to 35 months. Since July 2001, breastfeeding questions have been asked on the NIS to assess the population's breastfeeding practices.
- Infant Feeding Practices Study II and Its Year Six Follow-Up - CDC worked closely with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to conduct the Infant Feeding Practices Study II (IFPS II) in 2005–2007. IFPS II was a longitudinal study focusing on infant feeding practices throughout the first year of life and the diets of women in their 3rd trimester and at four months postpartum.
- National Survey of Maternity Practices in Infant Nutrition and Care (mPINC) -CDC’s national mPINC survey provides data on practices and policies in medical and nursing care at U.S. maternity facilities.
- HealthStyles Survey -Healthstyles is a private proprietary national marketing survey that annually collects health-related opinions of men and women aged 18 years and above.