- The registrant or a parent or legal guardian of the registrant.
- A party entitled to receive the certificate as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the death certificate in order to comply with the requirement of Section 3140 or 7603 of the Family Code.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business (companies representing a government agency must provide authorization from the government agency).
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the registrant.
- An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute, or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the registrant or the registrant's estate.
- Any agent or employee of a funeral establishment who acts within the course and scope of his or her employment and who orders certified copies of a death certificate on behalf of any authorized individual specified above or in Health and Safety Code Section 7100.
Informational Only Copy(requires cash or check only)
Those who do not meet the criteria for an authorized certified copy may receive an informational only copy. The words "informational, not a valid document to establish identity" will be imprinted across the face of the certified copy.
|Death Certificate (general public & government agency)
|Burial Permit / Re-file||$12|
|Fetal Death Certificate||$18|